January 19, 2008

The Bush Tragedy

In my July 24 and September 3, 2007 post "Post-Mortem on the Bush Presidency (Part I and II), I provided my analysis of this failed presidency. There was a book released January 15th, 2008 (today) called "The Bush Tragedy." In my earlier op-eds, it was my struggle to try and understand how this person could be elected president, then re-elected, despite what seemed to a consensus of many of an incompetent leader. "The Bush Tragedy" by Jacob Weisberg ( I have only previewed it) provides a psychological/historical analysis of this president. Weisberg is not a professional psychologist nor a professional historian, but the book it is good and I think will receive fairly good reviews (I venture a guess - a B- review). What strikes me is that some of the ideas and themes I wrote about in the "Post-Mortem" op-eds half a year ago are eerily similar. Weisberg includes research and familiarity with the Bush family- mine was from everyday news listening.

No comments: