September 25, 2007

A Thousand Years of Darkness

Of any scientist that lived in my lifetime that I have understood, Carl Sagan, astrophysicist had the greatest influence on me. I know Albert Einstein made greater practical contributions, but I still have not figured out E=mc2. If any of you can give me an explanation of this that is as easy to understand as Carl Sagan's type of explanations, I welcome it. I'm becoming much too old of a man, I don't think I will understand this in my lifetime unless you make it easy for me.

In 9 short minutes Carl Sagan explains how the dark ages came about and what we lost. It was because he could explain something as complicated as this in an easy to understand way, that I enjoyed learning from him. If you have never understood anything about the "why" of the dark ages, this is the best 9 minute explanation I have seen. In 9 minutes you can learn a very important part of history. As a bonus you can learn much of what Carl Sagan gave us in 7 additional short clips - from the beginnings of the universe, the lure of astrology, evolution and more. In all of this for those of you that are wondering, there is room for God in all of this whatever you conceive God to be.

Aime

No comments: